jueves, 13 de agosto de 2026

Rule the world

I used to rule the world
    Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
    Sweep the streets I used to own

One minute I held the key
    Next to the walls they closed on me
I discovered my castle stands
    Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing

Be my mirror, my sword and shield
    My missionary in a foreign field

For some reason I can’t explain
    I know Saint Peter will call my name
(I'll) Never rule this world
    And that was when I ruled the world

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing


— I think of the bells at the church, now.—

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.